Friday, April 13, 2012

Love The Skin Your In



            Being diagnosed with cancer both men and women go through many physical changes from hair loss to dry skin. When my aunt went through Chemotherapy both oral and IV treatments her body went through many changes. However, one thing that I noticed was that there was a limited amount of information for women regarding products targeted towards her needs.

            I have been very interested in further researching various products for cancer patients. I have consulted with a professional makeup artist who has worked with numerous cancer patients over the years.  Amanda Marie (Amariebeauty.com) has provided a list of Skincare products which she has found beneficial for women undergoing chemotherapy.

            Boscia products are preservative-free and botanically-based skincare. Products for Boscia range from cleansers, moisturizers, treatments, to blotting linens. All of products excluding the blotting linens contain a component known as Willowherb; an anti-irritant. One other component within the products is known as a Jojoba Leaf, a strong and effective antioxidant. First Aid Beauty explains that their products are free of harsh chemicals and known allergens, including parabens, phthalates, alcohol, fragrances and artificial dyes. Jurlique is a brand which focuses on real, pure, natural beauty. Jurlique's farm grown roots and pure formulas are a unique organic feel to skincare.

            Henriksen is known for encompassing Nature, science, beauty, and wellness. These four key elements are behind all of Ole Henriksen products. These brands are those which Amanda Marie has used over the years; however, other skincare brands who are known for helping those affected by cancer are Lind Skincare and Alra skincare. When individuals Google for skincare products to help with the changes of chemotherapy Lind skincare and Alra skincare will come up. However, if you are interested in looking at Boscia, First Aid Beauty, Juriluqe, or Henriksen you can find them at your local makeup or department stores for your convenience.


Products to Consider!


Boscia:

1.      Soothing cleansing cream

2.      Intensifying moisture pack plus




1.      Ultra repair cream

2.      Face cleanser


Julique

1.      Replenishing day cream

2.      Herbal recovery night cream


Ole Henriksen

1.      Nurture me cream

2.      Apricot cleansing lotion

2 comments:

  1. Jordana-
    Great info on skin care during chemo. I am always on the hunt for all natural products and have tried a wide range. I also have to make sure they are gluten free. Dr. Hauschka is one of my favorites but I will definately check out the products you have listed. I found chemo to be very drying for my skin- so extra moisturizer and drinking a TON of water helped. Thanks for sending me to your blog... it's fantastic!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kristina,

      I am extremely happy that you enjoyed my blog posts. After seeing your comment I contacted Amanda Marie the makeup-artist I consulted with and she also has a gluten allergy. She recommends you trying Boscia products and possibly the Jurlique night cream. The other products which I mention contain Vitamin E which can cause a possible reaction because it doesn't say if the Vitamin E that is used is a derivative of wheat.

      Other products which you can try are Korres moisturizers. They contain no wheat: the 24 hour rose moisturuizer is fantastic!

      If you have any other questions please let me know. When my aunt went through chemotherapy she had both oral and IV chemotherapy and her skin became extremely dry. She used some of these products and at the time it helped tremendously. I hope you find a product which can help! Hope to here form you soon.

      Delete