Monday, April 9, 2012

The Girl Before the Diagnosis

         
           Now when I think back to when my family members were diagnosed with cancer all I remember is how strong they were. The fear never showed in their faces, how did they do that? How can one of the most frightening moments when family is supposed to be supporting them you find your loved one with cancer consoling those around them regarding their own diagnosis. The strength and protective manner of all of my family members who were diagnosed was phenomenal.


            For the past few weeks I have been struggling to find the perfect topic for my next blog post. I was truly inspired by Giuliana Rancic when watching Giuliana & Bill on demand today from Style. I was inspired in the woman Giuliana is and how she has dealt with her breast cancer diagnosis. One of my greatest fears is hearing those words “You Have Cancer”; however, it is women like Giuliana and those who I have loved and lost to cancer that have shown me that no matter what your diagnosis is do not let it define you.


      Within the episode of Giuliana & Bill, Giuliana shows her true emotions of her cancer journey thus far and how she is not allowing her disease to define her.  Giuliana shows women you can be strong, you can fight and continue to love and live your life the way you choose to. Do not let cancer take over, fight for your life. I was truly inspired by Giuliana and I would love to hear others stories regarding diagnoses.

No comments:

Post a Comment